Gameplay Systems Software Engineer - C++ - FIFA Asia
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
The new EA SPORTS Central Platform Team partners with leading EA SPORTS franchises, including FIFA, Madden, NHL and more, to assist in the adoption of strategic technology development initiatives; including platform exploration, adoption and expansion. You will have the opportunity to collaborate and impact various SPORTS development teams to support evolving and tech development goals designed to reach more players in new places.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Gameplay Engineer is versatile generalist who focus on game strategy and the "feel" of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as animation and physics. You will implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer.
What you will do as a Gameplay Engineer:
- Bring the vision of the artists and designers to life.
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing needed custom code.
- Prototype new mechanics to prove designs and improve mechanics.
- Design and document technical designs for Gameplay systems.
- Develop tools and workflows to produce new game features.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 3+ years experience with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of A.I. architecture, character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Understanding of multi-threaded architectures and synchronization principles.
- Excellent debugging experience using tools to help debug.
- Understand performance implication of Gameplay systems & algorithms and how to improve.
Nice to have:
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games.
- Familiar in working on a mobile platform. (iOS, Android)
- Familiar with scripting languages (Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages. (C#, Java)
- Knowledge in a second field, such as physics or mathematics.
- Familiar with basic game development technologies such as Perforce, Visual Studio.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.