Gameplay Software Engineer - FIFA Mobile
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation,
passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite
sports, teams, and players. EA FUEL is a division of EA SPORTS
dedicated to crafting high-quality mobile sports games connected to some of the world's biggest gaming franchises, including EA SPORTS FIFA and EA SPORTS MADDEN NFL.
The EA FUEL team is founded on passion, innovation and creativity with a mission to deliver immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices and played by over 450 million
gamers around the world. With teams located in Vancouver, Orlando, and
Bucharest, EA FUEL is powered by global talent and seeking bright, passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
Gameplay Programmers are versatile generalists who focus on game strategy and the "feel" of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as animation and physics. Gameplay programmers may implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Gameplay Engineer to join an exciting AAA title, FIFA Mobile.
- Bring the vision of the artists and designers to life
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing custom code as needed
- Rapidly prototype new mechanics to prove designs and iterate on mechanics.
- Design, architect and document technical designs for Gameplay systems.
- Develop tools and workflows to efficiently produce new game features.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
Required Technical Skills And Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience architecting and/or implementing A.I., character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practice
- Understanding of multi-threaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug
- Understand performance implication of Gameplay systems & algorithms and how to optimize.
Additional Skills (Preference To Candidates With These Skills)
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
- Experience working on a mobile platform (iOS, Android)
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages (C#, Java)
- Experience in a second field, such as physics or mathematics
- Experience with basic game development technologies such as Perforce, Visual Studio, etc.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent decision making capabilities
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks