(Closed) Gameplay Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Remote Friendly - This is a one year contract
Do you enjoy building gameplay systems and mechanics, creating fun and engaging scenarios for great mobile games? Are you motivated by iteration to create the best 'game feel'? We're looking for a Gameplay Designer to join our accomplished team and share expertise in the world of free-to-play systems.
- Report to the Lead Designer, creating gameplay systems and mechanics for new sports mobile games
- Propose intriguing and fun designs that expand the depth of content
- Design, iterate, and polish gameplay mechanics, features and scenarios
- Create and tune content based on gameplay mechanics to achieve a learnable, and fun gameplay experiences accessible to as many people as possible
- Collaborate with designers, artists, programmers, testers and producers to develop and iterate features as you champion your vision from concept through execution
- Participate in planning a roadmap for the gameplay systems for which you're responsible
- 3+ years in Gameplay or Encounter Design in a professional design role
- Strong technical ability to prototype gameplay mechanics
- Can analyze and design fun and complex scenarios, and gameplay systems
- Deep familiarity with arcade and sports genres on mobile, PC, and console platforms, along with a personal understanding of video game fun
- Knowledge of current and past game trends
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.