Game Designer, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
“Who is EA Capital Games?”
We’re a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, passionate about the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them.
While walking the halls of our brand-new 31,000 sqft studio, you’ll hear the cacophony of epic console competitions, lively debates, and the rattle of dice thrown across a game board. Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog friendly atmosphere are all elements of who we are.
As a Game Designer reporting to the Lead Game Designer, you will create content and features, ensuring your work aligns with business and design goals with unwavering attention to theme, quality, and the needs of our players. You have experience working on a live, mobile game, with preference being given to those with experience working on RPGs. You will demonstrate a solid understanding of games and player compulsion, and will be well-versed in games of all types and genres.
You should be a die-hard Star Wars fan with a history of creating quality, thematic content and features. You are curious, creative, collaborative by nature, and have a preference for using telemetry to validate your design thinking. Additionally, you are an advocate of design culture and thinking who excels in a multidisciplinary environment.
We've also developed a strong work-from-home process and are sensitive to the safety and well-being of our team. This opens up new opportunities, at least in the short-term, for employees to work remotely.
- Play the game and become an expert of the game.
- Create and tune content to create an accessible yet deep experience for players.
- Create IP-correct characters, events, and mechanics.
- Develop ideas for content, gameplay, and progression systems throughout the player life-cycle.
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure your content and features are delivered to the highest quality.
- Work within existing systems and expand on them, including integrating feedback from user experience testing.
- Take part in internal and external playtests, communicate with beta testers, and iterate based on feedback.
- Create and maintain design templates.
- Guide change through research and live data.
- Quickly prototype design ideas in-game and iterate through playtesting.
- Have 1+ years of game design experience.
- Are an active player of mobile turn-based RPGs.
- Experience working on a mobile F2P game or other similar live game.
- At least 1 shipped title.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, upbeat, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic, and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Unity, Perforce, and scripting experience is a plus.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.