Game Design Intern
Requisition Number: 165193
Game Designer – Intern
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA has the #1 market share in North America & Europe with revenues of US$ 4.319 billion in FY15 and has a distribution network spread across 75 countries with worldwide employee strength of 9000+
We, at EA, have some of the finest career defining opportunities for potential talent. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for a work culture where innovation is the goal, work is fun, and creativity is rewarded - then EA could be your career destination.
We have been rated world over by independent surveys as one of the best employers to work with. Working at EA is an experience of its own kind, something most outsiders dream of and something that our employees always cherish.
EA has a strong presence in India since 2006 and our Hyderabad center houses 900+ of the finest talent in India. We have diverse opportunities ranging into Quality Engineering, System Test Engineering, Global Finance, Social & Mobile Gaming, IT, QA Testing, Enterprise Architecture Services teams.
We invite you to explore this opportunity to be a part of the EA family......
Join the fun.....
A designer possesses a natural high level of talent, but may as yet be unproven, this would be the greatest opportunity to prove skills in the fastest growing and most dynamic sector of the gaming industry. Whether a nascent talent from the indie scene or just graduated, the Junior Designer will be able to combine a zeal for games with illustration and story board to carve the best gaming experience for players.
This design position will be responsible for working closely with producers, product managers, developers and artists on a live online game on mobile platforms. The role is to maintain and balance the core and meta-game while creating, prototyping and implementing innovative mechanics and features which appeal to the existing community and allows for new player acquisition.
Here's what you’ll do day to day:
- Deliver the game vision as set by the Lead Designer and Product Owner.
- Manage and maintain all design aspects of a game-as-service through entire project life cycle.
- Create innovative and engaging designs and prototypes while maintaining EA’s high standard of quality.
- Coordinate with Product Manager to balance game resources and economy within the core, social meta-game and monetization model.
- Retain original IP’s core brand values and game experience within the service at all times.
- Communicate game design clearly and concisely with team and throughout worldwide studio.
- Inspire game team through progressive, creative design and leadership.
- Provide and receive critique in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
- Iterate designs based on internal/external play tests, game metrics, team input, and community feedback.
- Remain current on industry trends including; new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms
Who fits the bill:
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools and technology.
- Passion for fast-paced, competitive games.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for mobile gaming
- Interest in new monetization and business models as they relate to game design
- Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout a project life cycle.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-mined, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Familiarity with Flash, Perforce, Unity, Photoshop and other tools a plus
- Comfortable public speaker.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.