Game Design Director - EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC. The Game Design Director leads the project's game design to inspire great cohesive experiences for our players. Equally importantly, the Game Design Director cultivates and grows an exceptional design team. You will report to our Executive Producer and will play an instrumental role in the following:
- You will work with franchise leadership to help form the vision and direction for the game, and ensuring that designs follow the game vision.
- Lead other designers to help them maximize their potential and performance in the creation of game experiences.
- You will inspire and motivate the team to achieve high-quality within constraints.
- Take feedback from external groups and breaking it down to understand the underlying motivations, and then driving solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Take a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that our experiences and corresponding execution creates the best possible game
- Investigate and analyze to validate ideas and opportunities.
- Champion design and design decisions to franchise leadership and executive partners.
- Work on the future direction for the franchise to keep it relevant and exciting in a fast-changing world.
- Demonstrate humility, admitting mistakes and role modeling a commitment to learn.
- Foster an inclusive environment and create a culture where everyone can thrive.
- 3+ years leading medium/large design teams with experience delivering high-quality experiences.
- You thrive in mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
- You are self-motivated, proactive and able to oversee design areas from initial creation through to implementation.
- You understand how to use the business model of the game, and how design and the business model work together.
- You are open to ideas, criticism and engaging in healthy design discussion
- You understand why an idea will or won't work, and how to design to hit specific goals.
- You can work closely with a large team through all phases of development.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.