FUT Live- Development Director (Systems)
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is isn't easy! That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
What a Development Director Does At EAA Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including
artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and play an important role in successfully moving the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a strong focus on quality, collaboration and communication. They must partner closely with producers to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget.
To be a successful candidate for this role, you need to do the following:
- Builds and evolves effective team; identifies resourcing needs, provides challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the successful completion of the project
- Provides line management to employees across disciplines within a single project team
- Maintains regular communication with project team and coordinates dependencies with external partners
- Participates in the hiring process to ensure qualified candidates are available to meet project requirements
- Establishing and assigning task objectives from defined project goals; achieving project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
- Proactively assessing and mitigating risk for assigned scope
- Partnering with production to manage scope and quality
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources
- Minimum of 6 years project management or team leadership experience;
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
- Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Able to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Experience working with Systems/Applications at various levels