Finance Manager, Apex Legends
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
We're EA—the world's leading video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and Star Wars, to name but a few. We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Reporting to the Apex Legends Finance Director you will manage the day-to-day FP&A responsibilities. Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team provides strategic and financial partnership to EA's Leadership team. We achieve this through engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to guide EA's performance.
This Finance Manager role is a unique opportunity to be a partner and trusted advisor to the Apex Legends teams driving one of EA's largest franchises spanning multiple studios, sites, and HD & Mobile businesses. You will contribute to our success by:
- Connect key partners on financial and other important topics to drive quicker decisions with insightful analysis.
- Deliver core FP&A responsibilities as an important partner to the studio & franchise owners.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on opportunities and risks for costs and revenues.
- Improve processes across all teams to reduce effort and increase quality. which will clear obstacles and identify opportunities.
What You'll Do:
- Business Partnering across the game teams and other partners across EA providing decision support and advising partners on financial matters.
- Lead Financial Forecasting, Close, Reporting & Analysis.
- Support long-range modeling for studios, deal modeling for new projects and other strategic financial support.
- Propose solutions and alternatives related to challenges and opportunities across processes, game development, and revenue/costs.
- Provide guidance on financial processes and ad-hoc financial analysis.
- Build and improve processes within the studio and between partners.
Experiences & Technical Skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience communicating financial information in a simple, relatable way to partners and executives.
- Experience with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Excellent in Excel; can build complex spreadsheets, especially for purposes of conducting financial modeling
- Proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge
- Minimum 5 years of related financial experience
- Experience with financial forecasting and reporting tools such as Anaplan and Power BI
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.