Location: Geneva - Because of the length of the Internship, it will likely be a remote based position
Start Date: May/June 2022
Duration: 6 months
Please apply with a CV and cover letter in English
You must be available and eligible to work in Geneva, without the need for visa or relocation support
We are EA
The CFO organization comprises a broad group of finance disciplines, with the common goal of partnering with business teams delivering strategies and providing our players with amazing experiences. Our finance teams assist the business in achieving profitable creativity by proving financial insight, reporting and guidance.
We use progressive tools to analyze and visualize data, telling the story of financial drivers, performance, risks and opportunities. We value attributes like collaboration and learning. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
Corporate accounting’s mission is to create shareholder value through integrity, leadership and business partnership. The department’s primary responsibility is to prepare and report the worldwide consolidated financial statements to senior management and to shareholders through press releases and earnings calls. Furthermore, responsibilities include: accounting consultation to internal partners, assisting with acquisitions, system improvements and other special projects.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Finance team supports statutory compliance and local and US GAAP reporting for EA Swiss, EA’s international headquarter as well as the reporting of the pan-European consolidation. You will be, under the assistance of the managers, responsible for preparing and booking accounting entries. You will collaborate in estimating accruals for accounting closings and look for improvement in internal control processes. You will also work on the pan-European consolidation selected analytics and contribute to global projects.
What an Accounting & Finance Intern does at EA:
- Under the guidance of your managers, control and review of financial processes, paying specific attention to accounting rules (US GAAP) and data reconciliations
- Prepare monthly reconciliations, reporting and adhoc analytics (use of Excel performing complex functions and Hyperion)
- Collaborate with all Finance and business teams with an emphasis on maintaining a high level of internal control
- Assistance to the monthly closing and reporting process
- Close collaboration with other departments to validate the accuracy of reconciliations and the completeness of the data used
- Support preparing statutory annual financial statements
- Work on requests from external auditors
- Active participation in Internal Control System matrixes review
- Update and monitor accounting and internal control procedures
- Perform reconciliations and identify possible discrepancies
- Active participation in global projects
The next great Accounting & Finance Intern also needs:
- Fluency in English required, working knowledge of French a plus
- Understand Accounting principles
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) required, including data mining tools and PivotTables
- Culture of challenge
- Wish to improve existing processes
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.