FIFA - Technical Interface Designer (Temporary)
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we seek the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you love football, or you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
The Role: Technical Interface Designer
The Technical Interface Designer (TID) bridges the gap between artists and software engineers by combining strong artistic skills and experience with programming and scripting. The TID is part of the art team and works closely with artists, project managers, programmers and other TIDs.
- Script and time animations in Flash
- Apply proper console art optimization techniques
- Create engaging motion graphics demos based on high-level visual direction
- High fidelity rapid prototyping for UX evaluation
- Create and debug broadcast overlays (HUD) based on provided mockups and video references
- Investigate and implement new techniques
- Maintain an awareness of changes in technology, i.e. hardware, art packages, and new asset creation techniques, and work with team leaders to inspire creativity
- Design and deploy tools to improve art and animation workflow
- Create and maintain naming conventions, art repository, tools, and scripts for the art team
- Adept in scripting and other Object-oriented programming languages
- Proficient in Flash, Photoshop, and and other graphics and animation applications
- You will quickly identify and debug issues
- Clear and regular communication with both engineering and art teams, expressing both the needs of the art team and the constraints of tech
- You will learn proprietary production pipelines and workflows
- Can document all tools on the internal wiki and support artists on the use of new tools
Other Preferred Skills/Qualifications:
- Familiarity with UX principles
- Familiarity with revision version control software. Knowledge of Perforce is ideal
- Experience creating visual targets through motion graphics software such as AE and C4D
- Degree in a relevant visual art or technical subject
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.