(Closed) FIFA Live Services Brand Director
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA Football (Soccer) franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 30M players each year across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
As one of the most innovative, passionate and football crazy teams in the industry, we bring in the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over. If you love football, video games and entertainment, this is a role of a lifetime.
Join us as FIFA Live Services Director on the EA SPORTS FIFA franchise. You will be responsible for leading our fast-evolving live service business, which means partnering with consumer insights and the football game development team to build a product experience, and supporting year-round marketing plan, that keeps players coming back to our products all season long. You will report to the Lead Brand Director of FIFA and will be a key contributor to the Global Brand Management team based out of Vancouver, Canada.
Most notably, you will have experience with a live services products and business models and will be highly familiar with FIFA Ultimate Team. You will have a rare mix of strategic acumen, creative instinct and analytical ability that can translate data into actionable plans that benefit out players. Additionally, you are a strong communicator and collaborator who can align key internal and external stakeholders on a clear course of action.
You will be a self-starter with a strong history of driving exceptional product engagement while being able to consistently demonstrate outstanding project management skills, organization, and attention to detail. You will be comfortable juggling many different projects and adapting to a dynamic and ever changing market - while also being able to maintain focus and drive projects to completion. You will enjoy working closely with multiple geographies and functions within EA, and with our most important licensing partners and sponsors. Without a doubt, you are passionate about football, video games, marketing and FIFA Ultimate Team.
- In partnership with the EA SPORTS FIFA development team:
- Own the annual Live Service marketing plan.
- disseminate the annual plan to local markets and review campaign/program execution through the lens of EA SPORT FIFA brand values.
- Drive the live service strategy for the EA Sports Football business, partnering with key stakeholders to outline a 3 year strategy that will grow user engagement through delivering an outstanding and continuously improving player experience that consistently provides new experiences for gamers.
- Act as the primary brand liaison with the Competitive Gaming Division (CGD) on eSports initiatives for the EA SPORTS FIFA franchise.
- Distill large volumes of consumer feedback into tangible and actionable insight that the studio team can use to optimize player experience, strategy & execution throughout the season.
- Work closely with the Live Services analytics team to asses short and long term risks and opportunities and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Lead and develop two high performing reports to do their best work.
- Collaborate with the Core Product Lead to create holistic programs that seamlessly connect the core and live elements of the product.
- Collaborate with the Global Campaign Team to set up cross functional teams (Advertising, Graphic Design, PR, Audio/visual asset creation, Online Marketing, Social Media, Events, Partnerships, Talent Relations, etc.) for success.
- Be a specialist about EA's and competitions products within the product category.
- Work with the analytics team on weekly campaign reporting to the broader business.
Skills / Core Competencies:
- Must be a fan of football and FIFA Ultimate Team.
- Experience in a live services context – this can be with subscriptions or content platforms that constantly refresh the consumer experience.
- Familiarity with exploring/developing new business models and player journeys within products.
- Excellent analytical skills that demonstrates expertise in devising and executing data driven/informed marketing strategies.
- Proficiency in understanding and managing multiple licensor considerations when evaluating programs and assets.
- Ability to evaluate creative assets, programs and partnerships through a clearly defined brand lens.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. English is the required language of work.
- A video game industry background helps but is not a must.
- Minimum 6+ years product marketing experience in consumer-focused categories in the video gaming industry, especially in a live services capacity
- Experience working in a fast paced, constantly changing environment while influencing multiple personality types
- Marketing degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s Degree is preferred.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. We offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Relocation assistance also offered.
Eligible for salary increases, bonuses, and restricted stock units at company’s discretion.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.