FIFA - Facial Animator (Temporary)
The Role: Cinematic Animator
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to key-frame characters to a very high standard.
You will work closely with the Cinematics Team to help bring quality animated performances to the game.
- Work closely with the Cinematics Director to understand the vision for the cinematics
- Create key-framed character performances together with all the props necessary to realize the cinematics
- Work closely with the gameplay animation team to ensure consistency and share assets where necessary
- Work with artists, technical artists/animators - providing feedback on rigs and tools
- Provide feedback to other animators on the team (both internally and externally) – where necessary
- Help ensure that the flow between game-play and cinematics appears as seamless as possible
- Work with Technical Artist’s/Animator’s and Engineers to manage and solve any technical problems that arise with both 1st and 3rd party tools and software
- Proactively identify issues and come up with solutions
- Help establish efficient pipelines and procedures
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 4 years of experience key-framing characters for either film, television or games
- Can key-frame characters at an advanced level and create highly-polished body and facial performances
- Experience creating the various passes needed to take animations from initial previz and blocking, all the way through to fully realized, highly-polished sequences
- Experience working with advanced facial animation rigs
- A solid understanding of cinematography and experience animating cameras
- A high level of proficiency working with Maya
- Experience working with, and providing feedback to both artists and technical artists/animators
- Motivated to learn how to use new or proprietary software
- Be adaptable to different workflow methods
- Able to communicate well with other disciplines
- Be positive and approachable
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Can identify issues and help manage and resolve them efficiently
- Experience working with Jira (or similar)
- A keen gamer!
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.