Fall 2020 Software Engineer Intern
Software Engineer Intern (Fall 2020)Must be available for a full-time, paid, virtual internship between September and December 2020**
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. We create connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about us, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Role Overview: As a Software Engineer Intern, you will oversee feature development, bug fixing, maintain existing code, and implement creative solutions for our teams' daily challenges – whether that be in our career mode, presentation and cameras, user interface, or many others.
- Analyze existing code bases and help create designs
- Perform bug fixes in existing features and the addition of new features
- Provide tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements
- Search for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements
- Collaborate with design team(s) to provide feedback and help create clear technical designs
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program and are slated to graduate in Spring 2021 or beyond
- You are proficient in a programming language (C++ is desired)
- You have some knowledge of object-oriented design and implementation (Visual Studio, Perforce, Jira)
- You can test and debug the code of others competently
- You are passionate about building games and your development craft
- You know how to communicate your vision and ask clarifying questions of others
- You are eager to be collaborative with teams in building our creative and design elements
- You are energetic and motivated about overcoming challenges and solving problems
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.