Fall 2020 Development Manager Intern
Fall 2020: Development Manager Intern
Must be available for a full-time paid internship between September and December 2020 in Orlando, FL - USA**
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. We create connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS UFC.
Overview: As a Development Manager (DM) intern, you will ensure the delivery of a game feature on time and within budget, oversee the project schedule, and support the team's administrative needs.
- Support our development team which generally consists of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists, and Designers
- Be the ultimate contact, working across feature development teams to help identify specifications and cross-pod requirements
- Work with decision makers to provide project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance our needs versus technical constraints, and improve initial partner deployments
- Identify task-related processes to improve project efficiency, anticipate bottlenecks, and provide management escalation
- Focus on immediate team and identifies team issues and suggests solutions related to execution goals
- Ensure each projects setup meets the specifications with Studio and provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates
- Ensure all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s program and slated to graduate in Spring 2021 or beyond
- You have experience in a software development environment, Project Management, or Project Lead experience
- You have a working knowledge of production life cycle, project processes, and project planning
- You have a basic understanding of a Scrum / Agile software development environment
- You are proficient in Microsoft Suite, Perforce, and Visio (JIRA or Hansoft is a plus)
- You enjoy collaborating across teams and communicating your vision
- You have a desire to build, see results, learn, and iterate in an evolving environment
- You have demonstrated conflict resolution skills and are considerate of multiple perspectives
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.