EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC
The EA SPORTS PGA Tour franchise is looking for a Technical Experience Designer who is passionate about solving complex problems and building experiences to delight our players
- The Technical Experience Designer bridges the gap between artists and software engineers.
- Work with the UI team (Artist, Engineers, Designers) to solve problems, refine workflows, and polish the UI to create an outstanding user experience, from concept to implementation.
- Create and implement UI screens, widgets, script animations and effects for game front-end and HUD.
- Recreation of authentic broadcast overlays and in game overlays to match styles: Create state-of-the-art in-game content, with a goal of organization, reusability and with the thought of developing for a live product (easily updatable)
- Break-down features into defined structures, components, and processes that meet the technical, aesthetic, and functional requirements of the game's vision
- High fidelity rapid prototyping for UX evaluation
- Stay up-to-date on changes in technology, regarding hardware, art packages, and new asset creation techniques
- Investigate new techniques and implement them within the game.
- Advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
- You will report into the Development Director of the team you'll be part of.
- Experience prototyping, developing and maintaining UI features from concept to release.
- Experience with scripting languages (C#, Actionscript…), visual scripting or other Object Oriented programming languages.
- Good knowledge of Photoshop and other applications from Adobe suite (After Effects, Adobe XD)
- Experience with UI/UX implementation in game engines desired, such as Unity or Unreal.
- Strong technical skills, and ability to quickly learn new proprietary production tools and workflow
- Strong attention to detail in both visual animation and programming
- Excellent problem solving skills: a successful candidate must be able to quickly identify and debug issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both engineering and art, articulating both the needs of the art team and the constraints of tech.
- Must be able to document all tools on the internal wiki and support artists on the use of new tools.
- A portfolio that showcases relevant work that contains well thought out process and excellent craft execution, in the areas of UI/UX technical design (motion graphics and game development is a plus.
- Good understanding of UX methodology, and Design theory.
- Understanding of revision version control software. Knowledge of Perforce is ideal.
- Visual, UX or Motion Design Experience.
- Degree in a relevant visual art or technical subject highly desired (BSc Computer Science or Game Programming, Game Art and Design Diploma or related).
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.