Experience Designer - FIFA
Requisition Number: 164400
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA Sports is the FIFA franchise. EA Sports - FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne, we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
FIFA is the biggest console game in the world and its development is fueled by multiple passionate teams all working together to create amazing player experiences. We are in the midst of adding a new team into the fray, one that is longer-term oriented and has a prominent R&D component embedded within it.
As part of FIFA, the ultimate purpose of this team is to be a catalyst for meaningful and impactful innovation and change. It's going to work in support and evolution of the overall FIFA business and teams and its goal is to provide the technological and experiential capabilities to build the FIFA of tomorrow.
As an Experience Designer, you understand evidence-based design and you like creating delightful and frictionless user experiences. In addition to solid comprehension of usability and human factors, we are looking for a Designer with determination and ability to navigate complex situations.
You will evolve the user experience on one of EA’s most successful franchise – FIFA.
- Architect engaging player flows, screens, content and states while balancing player, business and technical goals.
- Partner with your team to set priorities and find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints.
- Determine problem spaces and lead design solutions rooted in player data
- Promote a design process and methodologies that support player-centered game development
- Champion usability and accessibility
- Craft UX artifacts (experience maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes) to guide development and research
- Craft lean ways to allow players to use a product, including tone of voice, naming conventions, taxonomy, and text strings
- Guide the discovery of new kinds of experiences that contribute to the product
- Support the creation and management of a design system
- You will report to the Product Owner of the team you'll be part of
- An advanced user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or in a similar role
- Expert knowledge of usability principles and techniques, interaction design and design patterns
- The ability to translate player data into design solutions
- To present and rationalize design strategy
- Know how around creating low fidelity prototypes
- 3+ years of experience with user research methodologies and user data analysis
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Sketch, Zeplin, Flinto, or Proto
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, HCI or demonstrated proficiency and equivalent professional experience
- Experience working in a distributed development model
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.