Experience Design Director (Visual/Motion)
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Experience Design Director will be responsible for leading the Experience Design vision across an upcoming title. Reporting to the Sr. Art Director, you will take the lead on creating an immersive experience for our players as they partner with the different designers, producers and engineers that are also supporting this title.
- Use your full range of design skills to oversee the user experience and development of game user interfaces, in-game HUD and motion graphics.
- Create process flows, low-fidelity wireframes, and visual designs to conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Work with team leadership and brand partners to develop in-game visual style guide and UI design systems.
- Work with game designers and producers to help determine game features.
- Work with and provide direction to a diverse development team including junior UI/UX designers, UI technical artists, software engineers, character and environment artists, animators, and others throughout the development process.
- Promote strategic agreement of consistency, reusability, and scalability of design tools and methodologies.
- Present designs and lead design reviews and feedback sessions with partners
- 7+ years of experience designing for console games, websites, mobile apps, and other similar digital products; experience as a lead designer on large-scale products is ideal.
- Experience partnering with managers, producers, engineers, and leadership to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch and beyond.
- A stunning visual design portfolio that shows your user interface and graphic design skills and your creative process from creation through completion
- Expert skill level with visual design software apps including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects.; front-end programming and 3D experience a plus.
- Expert skill level with UX design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Adobe XD creating wireframes, flows, and more.
- Experience creating visual style guides and design systems and experience designing within the constraints of existing brand identities.
- Experience working with UX researchers, conducting user-tests, and gathering data; and apply findings to improve the usability and overall quality of your designs.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to a resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.