Engineering Manager - Frostbite Animation & Cinematics
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Engineering Manager – Frostbite Animation and Cinematics
What does the Frostbite team do?
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
As Engineering Manager, you will be a leader in the Animation and Cinematics team, reporting to the Director of Engineering. You will ensure important project and engineering tasks are fulfilled. You will coach engineers on the team. You will work with other Frostbite leaders in solving challenges across teams. Our team within Frostbite oversees the development of the platform that all animation technologies within EA are built upon.
Animation and game development experience are not requirements for this position.
- You will coach engineers by providing positive and constructive feedback that guide their development
- You will recruit and grow the team
- You will help determine software development best practices
- You will work with the Technical Director and Product Manager to ensure production work has a well-defined design and that any local and global architecture effects are understood
- You will work with Project manager to help build solid plans and track the progress of commitments
- You will work with important partners in Frostbite to promote changes across the organization
- 3+ experience managing engineers in high-tech industry
- 5+ technical experience that enables you to coach engineers
- Believe in servant leadership and understand the value of a healthy work environment
- Enjoy working in a learning culture with a collaborative attitude
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related academic program
- Experience working with C++/C#, data-driven design, and software architecture
- Experience with complex codebase
- Knowledge or experience in game engine development
- Passion for video games
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.