Engineering Manager - Core Technology Group
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
In your role as a Software Engineering Manager, you will help us build a motivated team. You will bring a background of varied technical capabilities that can include include system design, engineering workflows, and online architectures. Reporting to a Development Director or Technical Director, this means building thoughtful engineering teams, partnering with the teams and responsibilities that your teams will support, always with an eye on how to achieve the best quality capabilities and services that our players can rely on.
- You will run all aspects of people management for your diverse and global engineering teams. This ranges from hiring, to career growth and promotion, to performance management.
- You will improve team health (stress awareness and managing employee well-being).
- Organize and lead mentoring, knowledge-sharing, and guidance to grow your engineers.
- Drive staffing and recruitment for our teams. Help us by hiring the engineers we need to grow our engineering culture.
- Foster an agile engineering culture that values delivery, quality, and good craftsmanship.
- Determine the technical resource requirements to meet project goals.
- Promote and help create technical processes, plans, and management of tasks for technical teams/features.
- Coordinate strategic efforts and planning with team members, project partners, product owners, and other partners.
- Improve ineffective workflows, equipment, tools and iteration loops.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in engineering and technology, including attendance at conferences, seminars, and meet-ups.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 7+ year relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience leading agile engineering teams of 6+ engineers
- Experience with mentoring, goal setting, mediation and career planning
- Experience identifying and recruiting essential talent based on staffing requirements; you understand candidate hiring practices including interviewing techniques
- Technical and practical understanding of OOP and C++ that enables you to coach engineers in their trade
- Experience with database technologies such as SQL Server, MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with development environment tools such as Perforce, Git, Visual Studio
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment best practices
Perks and Benefits:
- Great compensation package including bonuses based on your performance
- Comprehensive health, dental and benefit packages
- Employee discounts with many local and online retailers
- Free and discounted video games
- Tuition reimbursement for post-secondary education
- Pension with company match
- Employee referral bonus program
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.