Director of Strategic Planning
EA was founded 30 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Battlefield, Mass Effect, Real Racing, Plants vs. Zombies, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fueled by our talented staff at locations across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The Competitive Gaming Entertainment (CGE) Director of Strategic Planning will work closely CGE Leadership, Corp. Strategy, SGI, CGE Finance Director to lead & drive CGE’s Strategic Planning process. As a member of the CGE Strategic Planning & Business Operations, this person will identify and help support cross-organization initiatives against our top CGE priorities, including analysis, recommendations and best practices relating to our planning & reporting process as well as operational performance improvement.
- Partner with Sr. Director of Strategic Planning & Business Operations, VP of Strategic Planning & Operations, SVP of CGE and CGE Business Leads to define and formulate overall CGE strategy, executional roadmaps and prioritized investment portfolio
- Define and improve strategic planning process as needed
Develop and curate competitive intelligence & introspective to support the development of CGE & Line of Business strategies.
- Refine data gathering process for competitive intelligence & introspective to focus on the most relevant data in the most efficient manner
- Develop data repository for competitive intelligence
- Partner with Corporate Strategy & SGI to define engagement model ensuring strategic planning processes are connected & aligned
- Define and track KPIs for strategic initiatives and assess business & financial impact of KPIs
- Drive implementation of key processes and frameworks with partner teams
- Partner with Director of Central Operations to ensure operating plans incorporate CGE Strategies
- Assess executional & financial feasibility of operating plan to deliver CGE strategies
- Manage quarterly reporting process
Required Work Experience and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Business or Finance required, MBAs preferred
10-15 Years of experience: including 5+ in Strategic Planning
- Experience developing and deploying a formalized strategic planning process
- Strong understanding of strategic planning methodology and tools: Vision/Mission development, SWOT, execution capability assessment, measurement and goal establishment, and monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and model complex multi-variant scenarios for the purpose of developing future strategic option hypothesis.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with executive leadership teams.
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional teams through complex brainstorming and decision-making processes.
- Ability to work independently.
- Presentation Skills: Experience in presenting large volume of complex data in a streamlined, summarized way (e.g. writing and presenting status decks to varying levels of leadership)
- Leader: Lead by example ensuring that opportunities to mentor others and direct the team towards mutual goals drive all work
- Solutions Provider: Able to identify and/or create solutions even when none seem immediately present
- Self-Starter: Independent and motivated. Can act upon opportunities and issues accordingly
- Proven Leader: Comfortable communicating with a broad range of customer positions, from executive producer to software engineer. Able to work with various levels of the organization to bring solutions and understanding.
- Flexible and agile: Able to multi-task, adapt quickly and be effective in new situations
- Gaming/Esports Experience: Up-to-date knowledge of and some experience with gaming across multiple platforms
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.