Director, Media Strategy & Partnerships
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA—the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
At EA, we're pushing the boundaries of the industry. We're innovators and storytellers who want to engage our players and viewers creating the most entertaining experiences for our titles. We're creating content of different types and across platforms at a blistering place and are looking to bring aboard a leader to help guide our global media distribution strategy. Reporting to the Senior Director and Head of Competitive Gaming & Broadcast Strategy in Business Development, you will help build and manage the team responsible for creating both reach and revenue for our Competitive Gaming content across multiple platforms.
The Director of Media Strategy & Partnerships will help build the media distribution strategy for the future of esports at EA with a goal of increasing viewership and audience worldwide and driving out-of-game content-related revenues.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of the global distribution strategy for Competitive Gaming across different titles, content types, markets, and audience segments.
- Build relationships with prospective media partners and media agencies.
- Serve as a media rights subject-matter expert, sharing insights, and best practices.
- Assist in building internal, cross-functional communication and process to ensure that the media rights strategy, and subsequent rights deals, meet title-specific goals.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing, Content & Programming, Program Management and Brand Partnership teams to align on key beats, media packages, sponsor integrations and go-to-market plans.
- Work closely with analytics and audience growth teams to develop methodologies and analytics to build audience targets and demonstrate the efficacy and return on investment of different programs and platforms.
- Evaluate and explore new opportunities with an eye towards innovation.
- 7+ years of experience in sports media and/or entertainment with experience negotiating high-level media rights agreements on a global scale. Experience in global football (soccer) and/or American football is a plus.
- Knowledge of global media platforms, including linear, OTT, digital, social, etc.
- Experience managing negotiations across different countries and cultures, understanding local needs, content requirements and interests. Knowledge of media companies with a Gen-Z-focused audience is a plus.
- Experience building the commercial aspects of media distribution agreements, including rights fees, ad inventory, sponsorship elements, marketing support, and reporting.
- Experience building cross-functional strategy and communicating with a variety of stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. JD or MBA, a plus.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a creative problem solver with strong business acumen that will help shape the future for Competitive Gaming media distribution
- Is a curious individual who is willing to be adaptable, given the fast-paced and ever-changing world we’re navigating
- Is an analytical thinker who is willing to be collaborative in order to build an effective and successful media distribution strategy
- Has a strong network across the sports, media and entertainment industries
- Has the ability to communicate effectively in order to drive process, deal progress, and keep key stakeholders engaged and on-board
- Has the ability to manage a high volume of workflow and delegate appropriately
- Has experience and/or is comfortable working in a large organization, specifically across departments in a matrixed environment
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.