Director, Integrated Communications, EA GAMES, Lifestyle
We are Electronic Arts’ Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO). Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere. We foster an environment where our teams create the most amazing work of their career while inspiring the world to play. Our Communications team is seeking a Director of Integrated Communications for EA Games, Lifestyle.
The EA Communications team builds meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love EA games. The Director of Integrated Communications for Lifestyle Games isn’t a traditional “PR” role, but a role that oversees a team of communications, earned media, social channel, influencer and community experts, creating multi-channel communications campaigns for our Sims and Skate franchises that span multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Reporting to the Senior Director, EA GAMES Communications, you will develop trust with players through transparent and purposeful communications. Managing a team of specialists and agencies across North America and EU, you will be creating communications campaigns that include PR, community and social strategies that are a part of FIFA global marketing campaign, created in collaboration with leads on The Sims and Skate Brand, Creative Strategy and development teams. You will also manage the full process of leadership communication including material development, crisis communications, messaging and spokesperson preparation. You will also ensure top employee performance mapped to business and marketing measurements, while using a human-first approach in developing great people and great teams.
You will have a deep love of EA games, matched with community engagement expertise and an ability to develop communications strategies that achieve our goals, to strengthen overall player engagement and sentiment for the franchise across the world.
- Lead the global communications strategy for The Sims and Skate, inclusive of PR, social and community, managing the narrative for the brand through a multi-channel approach.
- Manage a team of specialists and agency partners across North American and EU, creating a motivated and results-based culture.
- Use insights and industry knowledge to identify trends to help your team create engaging campaigns with set measurements against them.
- Work with partners across Brand, Creative Strategy, Development and other partners to create and implement full global marketing campaigns.
- Manage the full process of the leadership communications execution, including material development, research projects, spokesperson prep, reporting and management of team of specialists or agency partners.
- The ability to present communications strategies and recommendations to senior executives lead by insights and expert recommendations.
- Manage the reputation of these games with media and the player community, working collaboratively with partners to provide transparent communications and strategic recommendations.
- Ensure all Electronic Arts standards and processes are observed and followed.
- 10+ years' of experience working in overseeing PR, community and social strategy.
- 5+ years experience managing a team of communications or marketing professionals.
- Proficient in writing, grammar, and content-creation abilities.
- Imaginative thinker with the ability to present new ideas to wide audiences.
- Motivated to learn new things about players to improve their experience.
- Objectively interpret media and community feedback and make strategic recommendations back to the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing or Game Development.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.