Director, EA Create Production
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with game teams to achieve outstanding visuals, audio, and technology. The Director of Production is an essential role that oversees business and production operations for EA Create. You will report to the Senior Director of Product Development, EA Create.
What you will do:
- You will oversee the daily production execution and long-term strategic vision of the central Motion Capture, Animation, Rigging and Audio teams.
- You will partner with Creative and Technical Directors to ensure team structure, processes, and tools support high-quality and scalable game production.
- You will manage staff career development and performance, in partnership with Departmental Development Directors, Creative Directors and Technical Art Directors.
- You will oversee team development strategies including training, mentoring, performance feedback and career growth, team health management, and team intercommunications.
- In partnership with Creative and Technical Directors, you will resolve production challenges, build long-term growth strategy, appropriate resource mix, and distributed development strategy and manage partner team relationships and communications.
- You will manage new partner engagements and business growth for the domains.
- In partnership with Finance, you will run financial management for your department including total operational and capital expenses, forecasting, developing chargeback models, and year-over-year budgeting.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of operations and leadership experience
- You have experience managing large teams at scale with experience tracking projects from concept and previz phase through to final delivery.
- Experience managing cross-departmental productions and in-depth knowledge of project operations acquired from 5+ years of experience in project management on AAA game franchises or similar software development projects.
- Prior direct or indirect responsibility for a large, globally distributed workforce, including employees, strategic partners, and third-party vendors
- The ability to travel post-pandemic is required to manage global partnerships with studio teams and partners.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.