DevOps Engineer (Temporary)
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That is why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
EA Create Tools and Technology Team is looking for an accomplished DevOps Engineer to join our team. We are looking for candidates with passion for technology.
With locations across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adjustable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
As a DevOps Engineer:
You will initially focus on partnering with our development teams to evolve and stabilize our a GitLab CI/CD pipeline. As a DevOps Engineer, you will work with large-scale systems and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize. You can address problems, and you have a strong attention to detail, focused on uptime and predictability. You are passionate about building automation to reduce manual tasks.
You will support a product that can exponentially improve our efficiency by supplying high-quality, curated, and shareable content to teams across EA; content that is designed for maximum utility and longevity. Your role will be important to ensure stability and limited downtime for our tools and will involve some on-call support responsibilities. You will report to the EA Create Tools and Technology Development Manager.
- Support the team to make sure that our tools are tested, discoverable, owned, automated, accessible, and responsible.
- Work with Global IT team to confirm the infrastructure needs are met.
- Support service at scale.
- Provide and maintain new services (e.g. AWS AI, ElasticSearch).
- Ensure downtime is limited with system stability, and managed released windows.
- Allow expansion across the globe.
- Deploy and maintain important applications in a cloud-native, micro-services architecture.
- Manage deployments of our tools on AWS cloud.
- Handle data integrity and replication.
- Develop tools for monitoring, reporting, debugging, and automated deployment.
- Be hands-on in the development cycle to deploy cloud native solutions with our engineers.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies to improve team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Directly support engineering environments, through all stages of development.
- Design, test, and support server infrastructure to assists our development teams.
- Be ready to be the first line of support; monitor support channels, troubleshoot and correct issues.
- Ensure that services fit our needs, are fault tolerant, and stable.
- Make sure that new releases do not interrupt the users.
You are a person with:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software development and operations.
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages.
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as GitLab or Jenkins.
- Docker containerization and Kubernetes knowledge with specific emphasis on EKS.
- Experience with diverse teams and partners across complex organizations such as IT, Security to achieve results.
- Awareness of industry standards and keep up with new technology trends.
- Experience building documentation for services.
- Able to discover partner requirements and turn them into relevant technologies
- Good at providing clear messages and keeping partners informed, ask probing questions to come up with smart trade-offs and navigate in intricate interactions.
- Fast and efficient to take on complex situations, bringing clarity
- Good at focusing on urgent tasks among many requests and draw on support for help if the path is not clear.
- Experience working in a diverse and environment that values collaboration
- Quick to learn and apply new concepts, principles, and solutions
Bonus if you have:
- Familiarity with best practices in software security.
- Background in computer science.
- Experience developing configuration standards.
What is in it for you? Glad you asked! (CANADA)
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is powered by creativity and individuality.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any o
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.