DevOps Engineer - FIFA
- Directly support game server environments, from development to production.
- Perform OS configuration, troubleshoot application, network, and server-level problems.
- Develop scripts and productivity-enhancing tools for automation of system administration tasks
- Maintain documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including run-books for live support
- Support feature launches, live events, and emergency escalations
- Evaluate and adopt technologies to improve team efficiency and platform capabilities
- Work with a global team to implement new technologies and provide support within a follow the sun model
- Partner with Development, QA and other partner teams to implement and maintain secure and scalable infrastructure
- You will report to the Operations Development Director and partner with the Technical Lead to estimate and deliver projects and achieve excellent results
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution in Computer engineering, computer science, information systems or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in Linux/Unix Systems administration (CentOS/RedHat), including implementation, administration, and support of important systems
- Hands-on experience working with network protocols and technologies (LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, NAS, VPN, Firewall, Ethernet Switches and Routers, Sniffers, TCP/IP, Subnetting, VLANs)
- Knowledge of OS security fundamentals for publicly accessible Linux servers
- Experience working with automation systems such as Jenkins and distributed source control solutions such as GIT
- Knowledge in a common scripting language (Shell, Python)
- Keen interest in DevOps methodologies and technologies (Docker, Chef, Ansible)
- Passion about technology aligned with flexibility, enthusiasm and motivation to learn
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Cloud-based server deployments (EC2, OpenStack)
- Knowledge of database concepts, database structures, relational databases and related applications
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.