Development Manager - QV
Project & People Manager - QV (1 year contract)
As part of the Development Technology and Services (DTS) team, we are powering EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
Join us for a fulfilling career while defining the future of interactive entertainment.
The Project & People Manager in the QA studio provides specialized testing services for a single project or across a series of projects (software applications), within a team distributed across multiple locations. You will revolve around managing a series of software testing processes to achieve the highest levels of quality on the product. You will report to the Development Director - QV of the project.
You will have to align with the leadership and representatives of other centralized services and you will collaborate laterally to promote best practices and new ideas to ensure company business goals are met in the most efficient ways possible.
- You will communicate within project and external groups: adapt content and detail to match audience, collaborate outside of project team to share best practices, communicate with and on behalf of the QA project team.
- Adopt existing methodologies, determine and roll out new ones according to the project needs
- Identify process improvements: evolve and improve project-wide processes under your area of influence
- Manage the planning, execution and reporting processes of QA testing activities across their project(s)
- Develop standards, goals, procedures, training manuals and other documentation for project or internal use
- Design test strategies using a variety of techniques and technologies: select the appropriate methods based on defined goals including cost, efficiency and balancing available resources, use information and business systems to support planning and tracking of activities.
- You will get directly involved in recruiting and onboarding the team members,
- Schedule the activities of the team, including the vacation planning and other free days.
- Coordinate the work volume and assign activity to each member of the team, so that they complete their work tasks in time and in a thoughtful way
- Manage the professional development process of the your team, together with the People Experience Department, identifies the actual talent, but also the development possibilities of each member of their team;
- 2+ years Project Management experience (PMP certification is nice to have)
- 1+ years People Management experience
- Experience with Software Development Life-Cycle or testing processes (ISTQB is nice to have)