Development Manager - Create
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios Game teams to achieve outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer, who welcomes all qualified candidates. We value diverse teams, unified through collaboration, culture and craft, and encourage our team members to bring their unique perspectives to the table.
The EA Create Art team supports compelling visual experiences across multiple genres and art styles. Visual art and technical art unite to create incredible characters and the worlds they inhabit. The Art team encompasses animation, characters, lighting, rigging, technical art, visual effects and worlds.
This is a 12-month contract.
What a Development Manager (DM) does at EA:
A Development Manager manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DM's are the keepers of the project schedule and help move the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring collaboration and communication. You will report to a Development Director, and partner with Producers and Directors to ensure the project is managed on time, to quality, and within budget.
You Have Experience in the Following:
- Build and evolve team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Develop working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
- Provide line management to employees across departments within a single project team
- Communicate with project team and coordinate requirements with external partners
- Participate in the hiring process
- Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
- Mitigate risk for assigned scope
- Partner with production to manage scope and quality
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task requirements, and assign tasks to team resources
- 3+ years project management or team leadership experience
- Education requirement University degree bachelor's or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Experience managing OS teams is considered an asset
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.