Development Manager - Animation
Electronic Arts is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to achieve outstanding visuals, audio, and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fuelled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The Challenge ahead:
A Development Manager can manage a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA, and other production staff. They are the keepers of the project schedule and help move the development team from one project phase to the next, while ensuring collaboration and communication are consistent throughout the project. As a development manager, you will ensure that project deliverables are on time, to quality, and within budget.
What You'll do:
- You will lead and evolve the team; identify resourcing needs, encourage the removal of obstacles that prevent the team from completing deliveries on time, to quality and within budget.
- Develop working relationships with immediate team and other external partner teams that have dependencies or an impact on the completion of the project.
- Communicate with the project team and coordinate requirements with external partners.
- Provide updates to department leadership and escalating issues and concerns.
- Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level.
- You will mitigate risk for assigned scope whilst partnering with our production team, to manage scope and quality.
- Work with department leadership in the creation of written status/risk reports for the project.
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production.
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements.
- Manage a project budget, determine task requirements, and assign tasks to team resources.
What We're Looking For:
- 5 years project management or team leadership experience.
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience.
- 1+ years of experience in different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.