EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
Interested in joining our team? At EA Madrid - where passion for sports is only matched by the talent on the ground - we are looking for a passionate Development Manager to play an integral part in developing the next installments of our Madden franchise.
The Challenge Ahead
A Development Manager (DM) is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of a game feature on time and within budget. The DM oversees the project schedule, hiring, and manages the team to deliver to a high standard
What a Development Manager Does At EA
In an Agile environment, manages a small development team which generally consists of Software Engineers as well as Artists.
Partners with Development Director to lock down requirements and specifications.
Anticipates bottlenecks, provides escalation to leadership, participates in project prioritization, makes tradeoffs, balances the business needs versus technical constraints, and motivates
Identifies task-related processes to improve efficiency
Focuses on immediate team and identifies team issues and suggests solutions related to execution goals.
Provides regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
Leads meetings and conducts regular one-on-ones.
The Next Great EA Development Manager Also Needs
- An EA Development Manager is expected to have at a minimum: 3 years of experience in a software development environment, 2 years Project Management or Project Lead experience, and 1-2 years of leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Production/Development, Business, etc..A Master’s degree is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, tools, processes and project planning.
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment. Scrum Master Certification is desired.
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Hansoft, Perforce, and Confluence
- Demonstrated experience in working with broad cross-functional teams.
- Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization
- Fluent in English
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and passion. You will also get a benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free video games.
At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
We Thought You Might Also Want To Know
- Click here if you want to know more about our location
- Please check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!