Development Director (Temporary) - FIFA
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
What a Development Director does at EA:
A Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and they play an important role in successfully moving the development team from one project phase to the next while maintaining quality, collaboration and communication. You will partner with producers to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget.
To be considered for this role, you need the following:
- Build and evolve a cohesive team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Develop working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
- Manage employees across multiple disciplines within a single project team
- Communicate with project team and coordinate considerations with external partners
- Participate in the hiring process to ensure qualified hires are available to meet project requirements
- Provide constructive feedback throughout the year to team members and guide their career development and progression
- Create inclusive environment and quickly address any conflict on the team
- Establish and assign specific tasks from defined project goals and achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
- Assess and mitigate risk for assigned scope
- Partner with production to manage scope and quality
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources
- 6 years project management or team leadership experience;
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
- Communication across all levels and organizations.
- Experience in project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.