Development Director, SRE
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. The EA Play Subscription Platform team is driving the strategy and implementation of important programs for EA’s community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These programs include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA’s gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Development Director, you will manage one of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams, which means you will be the scrum master, managing risks and building schedules, communicating progress, partnering with both internal external partners, supporting the team by removing roadblocks, and helping build team culture and health. As part of the broader development team, you will be an important member based in Vancouver.
Joining the EA Play Subscription Platform team means joining the team shaping EA’s subscription services now spanning three major platforms; building consumer experiences that power EA’s games and allowing more personalized, socially connected, and smooth experiences; and expand our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that “we see farther”, and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You’re someone who can:
- Manage teams using Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Demonstrate a collaborative leadership style
- Guide teams through continuous improvement
- Work with other disciplines to develop schedules based on project goals
- Reduce team conflict and communication challenges
- Determine and commit to timelines and budgets
- Determine and manage requirements, priorities
- Manage and communicate risks
- Motivate and energize your teams
- Mix leadership and collaboration to help teams achieve their goals
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- 5+ years experience working in technology industries, preferably with a technical background
- 3+ years experience in project management
- Experience as a scrum master
- Experience running DevOps teams
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of modern project management methodologies, e.g. CSM, CSPO certification
In a typical week, the EA Desktop Development Director could be…
- Play the scrum master role on one or more scrum teams
- Working with product and technical leads to build product roadmaps and plans
- Identify process improvements
- Manage requirements and requirements across multiple teams or partners
- Build schedules for new releases and communicating outward
- Find and address risks
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.