Development Director II
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most unique and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The EA Studios Data and Insights group (SDI) is responsible for bringing quantitative and qualitative insights to the entire company via Studio Analytics, Analytics Solutions and Data Science. The GAI Technology team is the internal cross-functional team covering both Research & Analytics, driving the most optimized and effective ways of delivering our integrated actionable insights. As we lead both strategic and tactical initiatives across the GAI Organization, we are accountable for ensuring the Research & Analytics teams have the tech, tools and collaboration they need to improve our capabilities and effectiveness of delivery continually.
The Challenge Ahead
We are seeking a Senior Development Director who will be an integral part of our leadership team. You will manage project and resource planning, balance scope with capacity, track progress, implement and improve processes, mentor people, and manage risks and mitigation. You are a master of data pipelines and solutions development. You understand the iterative nature of data engineering and how to empower them. You know how to build healthy, high functioning relationships with external vendors. You are a force multiplier for the team.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Establishing direction & strategy for multiple complex projects/teams while ensuring alignment with internal & external leadership
- Monitoring & adjusting capacity plans for multiple complex projects/teams to address skill gaps and identify funding needs
- Owning the budget for multiple complex projects/teams and partnering with finance to maintain a healthy budget
- Being the point of escalation for conflict management and problem-solving
- Partnering with DDs at all levels to train them and provide mentorship
- Establishing and maintaining team health standards through team leaders
- Identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives across full projects or multiple teams
- Approving plans, schedules, and status reports across multiple complex projects/teams
- Anticipating and solving SDI-wide dependencies between the project and external groups
- Using change management processes to communicate and measure effectiveness of project wide change effectively
What a Development Director At EA Does
- Prioritize and groom their team(s) backlog
- Attend daily stand-ups with your product manager and other TPMs in your product team
- Attend daily stand-ups, grooming, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives and other team meetings with your agile team(s)
- Develop a repeatable structured approach for capturing and describing the key enterprise information
- Create work estimates, track progress, and report status in the form of burn up/down charts
- Understand the business priorities and keep the team on track by encouraging communication and collaboration
- Drive execution from concept to live (estimates, tasks, change requests, bugs)
- Act as scrum master for a cross-functional development team
- Evaluate individual performance and potential of team members, provide appropriate recognition or constructive feedback
- Form close working relationships with discipline leads, provide regular coaching and mentoring
- Manage stakeholder communication and requirements
- Establish trust and credibility with team leadership as well as studio leadership
- Coordinate dependencies with external parties across the company
- Take ownership of your role
Our Next Development Director At EA Will Have
- Passione about managing data teams.
- 7+ years working as a project manager
- 5+ years of experience working in a Software Development industry, and you have released multiple solutions while seeing them through all phases of the development life cycle.
- Have experience managing internal and external teams
- Have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt.
- The ability to comfortably talk across all levels of an organization
- The ability to always know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience.
- Strong negotiation, prioritization and conflict resolutions skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Strong people management skills and proven track record of effective management of senior engineering resources
- Experience working in data analytics a plus
- Experience with delivering live services a plus
- Experience with game development a plus
- Experience working in or managing a co-development environment a strong plus