Development Director - Create
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
In the EA Create Audio team, creative and technical audio experts create voice recording and editing, in-game commentary and voice overs, sound effects, music production and composition, scores and themes. From UI and menus to vehicles, weapons, environments, characters and beyond.
The Challenge Ahead
A Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and help move the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring collaboration and communication. You will partner with producers to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget
- Build and evolve team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Develop working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
- Provide line management to employees across departments within a single project team
- Communicate with project team and coordinate requirements with external partners
- Participate in the hiring process to ensure you are available to meet project requirements
- Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
- Mitigate risk for assigned scope
- Partner with production to manage scope and quality
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task requirements, and assign tasks to team resources
- 5 years project management or team leadership experience;
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
- Experience in different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile