Development Director (Capture)
EA Create Capture is a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios. For over 25 years our innovation, passion, and development has provided content for an excellent player experience; we provide for all of EA’s franchises. To do this, Create Capture’s content is generated through different systems that encompass performance capture, facial animation, volumetric capture, head and body scanning.
Create Capture is passionate about its craft, it is full of pioneers who are creative, courageous and value teamwork above all else. With studio facilities based in Vancouver, Los Angeles and Orlando; we are seeking exceptional people to help us continue and evolve our support propositions to further EA’s project development.
Reporting to Capture’s business leader, this experienced Development Director (Team lead) manages a team of production professionals who build and manage project development schedules, they help move the game development, as it relates to Capture, through each phase of its production while ensuring focus on quality, collaboration and communication.
Here you will need experience with live production and animation / post production pipelines, as well as good at solving difficult and fast-moving problems. You effectively collaborate, empower, and motivate, often across business units and with peers or partners in other parts of the business. Your greatest strengths are building strong relationships, strategic thinking and strong execution. You also like being challenged, and excited about the future’s possibilities.
To be a successful candidate for this role, you need to be great at the following:
- Adept at handling a changing production environment, solves problems, balance priorities, and finds creative solutions to achieve results.
- Have experience in a high-tech environment, that may have been combined with a live production environment.
- Has live production and on-set experience
- Experienced knowledge of production principles and work to produce live performance sessions.
- Build, direct and inspire a team; identify resourcing needs, nurture and recognize developmental potential within.
- Develop relationships with partners, internal and external, that deliver exceptional production experiences.
- Effective communication skills, you communicate through complex problems and proven ability to influence outcomes across varying business units within an organization.
- Passionate, you care deeply about the creative process, your team, and delivering the highest quality to our partners.
- Be responsible for coaching, mentoring, and career development of your team. Lead project managers at all levels of your team.
- Foster an engaging, fulfilling, trusting and fun working environment that is inclusive and diverse.
- Work with department leadership to define goals and strategy for the Capture team
- Ensures the team has the best organizational structure, processes and practices that allow them to produce high quality work
- Excellent change management skills, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and execute on commitments
- 8+ years of leadership experience within the entertainment industry (Film, TV VFX) or video games
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders across multiple business units
- Experience managing a large project or multiple projects ideally using a variety of project management methodologies.
- Self-starter who builds trusted relationships, influences decisions and drives urgency on critical priorities
- Strategic: able to think big picture and drive work accordingly
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and possesses strong emotional intelligence skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.