Asia Studios’ Partnered Development Group is a relatively new team that is managing IP-licensed dev and outsourced dev with several different development partners across Asia, using EA’s IP to build and launch mobile games created in Asia, but made for the entire world. As the development director for Asia Studios’ Partnered Development Group, you will be responsible for ensuring the success of several new mobile projects by managing project planning, resourcing, risk management and stakeholder communication for the team as a whole, as well as putting operational structure and rigor behind everything the team does. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Internal Project Management
- Responsibility for establishing the overall project development structure and guide the project teams to proceed.
- Build up and maintain the roadmap/schedule with estimation of the scope of work, for multiple projects.
- Determine the resource plan to meet the requirements for multiple products.
- Implement and monitor the cycle of each development process, and support the internal team as needed.
- Produce milestone reports and ensure the deliverables on time and on quality.
- Managing budget for procurement, travel and outsourcing.
- Identify and mitigate risks during project cycles.
- Communicating to project stakeholders including overseas partners on status updates, resources, schedule, dependencies, risks and processes.
External Project Management
- Manage communication between internal and external development teams
- Guide the internal and external teams to achieve the milestones on time and at quality.
- Align all involved teams (internal and external) towards the outlined goals.
- Manage planning in all development stages from pre-pro, production, launch, and live scope.
- Build & evolve the processes to facilitate effective live service operations during soft launch and following commercial launch.
- Ensures adequate equipment, tools and support are provided for team members.
- Enhances personal understanding of the production process and actively offers input.
- Provides input for departmental planning (i.e. resource planning, cost estimates etc.); can facilitate process improvements across departments.
Experience and Qualifications
- Highly motivated and ambitious self-starter
- 4 years Project Management experience; 3 years of leadership experience (line management)
- Experiences on managing projects in SCRUM
- Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization
- Educational background: Bachelors from a top university. The ideal candidate should include a Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- PMP Certification an asset.
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin required. Japanese, Korean also a plus.