The Challenge Ahead
Your role as part of Studio Data Insights (SDI) will be to build last-mile global analytics solutions that depict player evolution year-over-year in titles such as Need For Speed, Battlefield and EA partner titles.
You will help build a platform to process petabytes of data into pipelines for user-facing environments and collaboratively compete for the industry-leading data program – all while serving needs of teams on the cutting edge of game development using DevOps methodologies.
What a Data Engineer does at EA
The Data Engineer will be a part of the development process of our digital platform. You will work collaboratively to implement the ETL process, tables and customised utilities that promote deeper understanding of our games.
- Maintain our core data infrastructure and ETL framework.
- Develop data sets to support reporting and exploratory analytics.
- Develop core tools and frameworks
- Assess and recommend available and new big data technologies.
- Contribute to post-implementation reviews demonstrating success.
- Suggest strategies to improve our data quality and development process.
What skills does the next great Data Engineer bring
- Be fluent in Python and SQL.
- Write clean, reusable code that can be used to scale applications.
- Have experience with any cloud-based databases like Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query.
- Are comfortable on the command-line and working with servers.
- Built and used CI/CD pipelines in the past.
- Comfortable working with a multi-functional team, both locally and remote.
- Experience in ETL processes, data mining and data warehousing.
What additional skills would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of other languages such as Java, Scala and C#.
- Have used Docker, dbt, orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow.
- Bring a "if it can be automated, it will be automated" mentality.
- Experience adapting purpose-built applications into cloud and on-premises platforms.
- Spent time throttling multiple systems to achieve target performance for SLAs.
- Understand the physical and logical design of cloud-native databases such as Snowflake.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.