Requisition Number: 164547
The EA Security team protects EA by reducing our exposure to security risks by raising awareness and providing a measured, proportionate set of security and risk management controls, services and solutions. This department also ensures that EA is meeting required security standards as defined by a variety of different regulatory bodies.
The Challenge Ahead
Our games are played everywhere in the world and on any kind of gaming device (PC, web, console, mobile, smart TV’s) and support a wide range of business models (digital downloads, premium content, free to play, subscriptions).
We are looking for a Data Engineer to work in the Fraud & Player Security team that manages fraud and account security for EA. Your primary focus will be to build data pipelines to support the whole team for analyzing the behavior of our user accounts and customers, identify fraud trends and high-risk transactions.
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines and backend services for real-time decisioning, reporting, optimization, data collection, and related functions
- Design efficient data structures and database schemas
- Incorporate data processing and workflow management tools into pipeline design
- Onboard new data to support business needs
- Use tools, debugging logs, performance metrics, and other data sources to make code- and application-level improvements
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create and maintain SLAs on data reporting through reports and dashboards
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies that simplify or improve the tech stack
- Able to multi-task and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to collaborate within a team environment
- Results-driven and highly quantitative
- True passion for understanding customer behavior on-platform and in-game
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Skills and Experience:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift. Or similar experience with GCP or Azure.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Master degree required in a engineering discipline (i.e. Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or equivalent)
- 3+ years experience in data technologies as data engineer or related roles
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellb eing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.