Creative Director, Design
Creative Director, Design (Marcom Creative) – (12-month contract)
Electronic Art’s Marcom Creative’s mission is to ignite the imaginations of players through world-class creative strategy and craftsmanship. We are a multidisciplinary creative team consist of creatives, strategists, designers, artists, storytellers, and innovators.
The Creative Director, Design is responsible for the strategic and hands-on development of visual brand identities, integrated design systems, and digital / print channel executions in support of our franchise marketing campaigns. You will partner with other Marcom creatives, strategists, and game studio art directors to ensure all design represents our games, resonates with our audiences, and unifies the brand experience across all player-facing touchpoints. This particular role will focus on the entire portfolio of BioWare titles such as Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Anthem.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of successfully building globally recognized brands in organizations that expect nothing less than A+ work. Additionally, this candidate must thrive in a collaborative environment, adapt well to a constantly evolving industry, possess practical knowledge of brand and digital design, and generally carry positive energy that benefits the greater team.
- Concept and create world-class brand identities and integrated design systems for franchise game brands inclusive of print, digital, motion, experiential, and environmental. Design Systems include brand imageries (key art), logos, typography, color, graphic elements, iconography, and motion-based solutions.
- Partner with game team art directors and UI directors to create work that unifies the in-game and out-of-game experiences.
- Oversee and participate in the execution of live services content across owned and paid channels including web, retail, social, digital media, and events.
- Ability to present work and build alignment around design direction and execution with senior stakeholders.
- Actively participate in multi-discipline collaboration or workshop sessions with the wider Marcom Creative team.
- Inspire, lead, and direct internal designers and oversee the day-to-day work.
- Help lead and creative direct our external agencies, keeping large-scale projects on track.
- Create rules and guidance for each title’s brand style guide, brief partner teams on these rules, ensure consistency and quality benchmarks are met in execution.
- Ability to interpret creative feedback and data into iterative design. A multi-revision process is often part of our work.
- Understand the importance of aligning the overall strategy and campaign narrative into every player touchpoint.
Skills And Experience
- 8+ years of experience at a brand/design agency and/or in-house team (at least 4 years of leadership experience managing multiple accounts).
- Proven experience in creating for global brands in digital, print, experiential, and environmental channels with a track record of delivering robust brand design systems. A thought leader.
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of branding, including tone, visual language, and messaging.
- Strong understanding and awareness of design trends, brand standards and processes, including best practices.
- Possess solid communication skills – must be able to provide clear direction to design teams and to sell through concepts and executions both visually and verbally to individuals at all levels of the company.
- Excellent hands-on design, typography, and layout skills.
- Experience with 3D modeling, concept art, illustration, image retouching, and photoshoot direction is a huge plus.
- Able to translate a large branding idea to multiple touchpoints in all channels.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, with excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Passion for design and games!
BFA in Graphic Design or Art Direction. Additional experience in related fields a plus.