(Closed) Community Manager, Competitive Gaming Division, Apex
Job Description : The Community Activation Team connects the voices of EA’s 300+ million players to our global game and strategy teams, facilitating healthy conversation working together to build thriving communities. The Community Manager, APEX Competitive Gaming will lead the direct-to-player communications strategy for EA’s APEX Competitive activations, building connections with the community through two-way communication and a multi-channel strategy that creates mass interest in competitive players and events.
As part of this role, the Community Manager, APEX Competitive Gaming will develop communications materials for internal and external franchise channels with oversight of the Community Team leaders, partner with creative teams to manage game assets, manage relationships with influencers and develop messaging aligned with the APEX competitive team’s brand voice.
Passion is the fuel that drives our teams, and the successful candidate will take a love of competition - matched with APEX franchise expertise, an ability to work well within a team and strong influencer relationships - to strengthen overall player engagement and interest in APEX Competitive players and tournaments.
- Community lead for APEX Competitive Gaming, driving the direct-to-player multi-channel communications strategy.
- Grow the community and maintain a tight two-way dialogue between influencers, studio, and stakeholders.
- Lead studio communication platforms for the CGD team delivering consistent communication with competitive players.
- Create appointment-setting branded content series that establishes consistent and transparent source of information to the competitive community on a weekly basis.
- Assist with communications around game and competitive gaming issues: Bugs, Cheats, Outages, Support Issues and General
- Build close relationships between EA and top brand ambassadors and players.
- Plan and help schedule community activities and influencer events, both in-game and out of game.
- Conduct surveys, research, and feedback from the community on issues significantly impacting the experience.
- Ensure all Electronic Arts standards, policies, and processes are observed and followed.
- Coordinate and share with other EA Community Managers on engagement best practices, standards, and innovations.
- Regularly deliver Community reports on channel metrics, player feedback, game issues, or service risks.
- Work closely with Customer Support and Live Service teams on overall player experience.
- Assist with the strategy for moderation of official channels such as the forums, social media, and/or websites.
- Maintain a positive community reputation.
Qualifications + Requirements
- Passion for video games and deep experience playing APEX and other BR games.
- Five years’ experience working in online community, social media, journalism, online marketing, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of team management experience in global, cross-functional environments.
- Proficient in writing, grammar, and content-creation abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Imaginative thinker with the ability to present new ideas effectively, to wide audiences.
- Conscientious and highly motivated team player.
- Adaptable and able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Motivated to learn new things about players and driven to improve their experience.
- Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations.
- Solid understanding of Live Service operations and Development.
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, User Research, Marketing or Game Development a plus. Significant Licensor, Live Service, or Operations experience also a plus.