Client Software Engineer - C++ - FIFA
Requisition Number: 164971
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you love football, or you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
The Client Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer.
You will be on a temporary assignment (1 year contract) to start, with potential for longer term employment.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs.
- Work with 3rd party companies on software solutions.
- Work with Server and Client engineers to establish, hook up and test end-to-end functionality.
- Collaborate within a small to medium team of engineers, designers and artists both locally and remotely.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Architect and document technical designs for Online multiplayer Game Modes.
- Create tools, features and engine components.
- Profiling and optimizing software components of a game.
- Measurably improve process and best practices to achieve targets.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
- Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (C++), domain ownership will be expected.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
- Use and design REST-based HTTP APIs.
- 3+ years experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems.
- Strong knowledge with C++, ASM is a bonus.
- Json and XML, able to read/understand and write.
- Experience working with online services/severs. (HTTP via REST)
- Knowledge of REST-based APIs.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with source control systems.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.