Cinematic Technical Designer
Cinematic Technical Designer (18-Month Contact)
At EA we are a community of artists, storytellers and technologists working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The Technical Designer is a bridge between Production, Artists, Programmers, and Development Teams to ensure the art content and features are easily integrated into the engine while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project. Part of your role is to help develop processes that improve production workflows. You will work with other technical designers and report to the lead.
- Identify technical problems and propose solutions
- Adapt to artistic and technical constraints to provide an effective workflow for cinematic artists on a per project basis
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers regarding asset performance and validation
- Provide feedback to artists and external partners
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements (per project)
- Solve technical issues in the 3d asset pipeline
- Work with partner studios to share technology and best practices
- Work with artists and programmers to create 3D art and making sure assets are integrated at its highest quality
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, within the video game industry with a focus on cinematics
- Experience within a game engine (Frostbite, Unreal, Unity)
- Experience producing outstanding cinematic assets
- Experience with game development frameworks and methodologies
- Experience with real-time workflows and the technical hurdles/limitations associated
- Experience developing custom tools for Digital content creation (DCC)
- Knowledge of high-level coding language. (Python, C#, C++)
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.