Summary of Role
- Influences projects/teams across all domains; Works on complex domain tasks with multiple dependencies and interconnections
- Mentor for growth within domain – able to recognize staff expertise and growth opportunities and recommend strategic solutions to staffing challenges
- Partners with Global Craft Director, Craft Domain DD and AD to build One Team across different locations, has finger on the pulse of all EA studios and engine groups within their domain – techniques and processes
- Recognized master of the craft within their domain – both artistically, and technically
- Ability to execute in multiple art styles – able to deconstruct stylistic requirements, and translate in to appropriate techniques
- Sufficient technical knowledge to identify opportunities and limitations, and to work effectively with Technical Artists and CG Sups.
- Experience in a hands-on leadership role, delivering AAA content for at least 3 shipped games
- Experience leading and mentoring artists within the domain
- Recognized ‘thought leader’ within their craft, including proven problem-solving abilities – both artistic (quality/execution) and logistical (delivery/strategic)
- Ability to articulate problems, and to formulate, communicate and drive solutions
- Maintains character art direction and brand consistency. Proactively drive quality for the craft across the studio – what we create and how we create it
- Ensure Character asset creation adheres to the pipeline designs of the project. Ensure the key workflows have clear and effective ownership within the studio (own or delegate)
- Ensure the training and talent succession for different projects.
- Cultivate a strong artist community with the domain across the studio. Maintains a culture of excellence, trust and camaraderie among the character team.
- Maintain close alignment and regular communications with Global Character Director to establish short and long-term roadmaps for domain. Collaborate with DD to accommodate the roadmaps.
- Maintain lose alignment and regular communications with other Domain Directors including rigging, animation, rendering and lighting to cultivate a technical knowledge of other domains and help character artists make better decisions.
- Complete regular people manager duties and oversees the character domain people management, including hiring, career development and assessment.
- Partner with project ADs and Leads, using craft expertise to maximise visual quality, taking into account constraints, timelines, and budgets.
- Partner with project DD on talent allocation to ensure the productivity, knowledge and skillset meet projects demand.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.