Character Artist II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Character Artist II
The Character Artist builds the geometry of organic and inorganic characters in the game. EA Character Artists are experienced in human character modeling of both realistic and stylized figures in Maya. Character models are complex and detailed in video games with some characters coming close to 500,000 polygons. The Character Artist will show an interest in opportunities to improve character creation across multiple teams within EA. While they will report to a local Development Director, they will work directly with the Lead Character Artist and the Art Director to ensure content is meeting our bar.
What does EA look for:
- 6+ years’ experience in modeling and character art
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- A portfolio in realistic character art. Please provide a link to a portfolio on the resume.
- Experience working with Maya, Photoshop, and ZBrush
- Experience in prototyping and working with diverse teams consisting of technical artists, artists, and engineers.
- Knowledge of the latest industry-standard tools, workflows, and techniques including physically based rendering.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of human anatomy, clothing construction (wrinkle behavior), proportion, silhouette, and topology, and how it relates to rendering and deformation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a broad mix of character-related disciplines such as modeling, texturing, shading, rigging and binding, animation, facial animation, and blend shapes.
- Experience presenting art direction focus and art reviews through to our teams.
- Demonstrate an expert ability to prepare assets for physical simulations such as cloth, hair.
- Demonstrate an excellent ability to interpret 2D reference material and scan data into 3D textured and surfaced models.
- Demonstrate an ability to document workflows to be used by our teams.
- Sports knowledge and enthusiasm a plus.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.