EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The EA SPORTS ART team is a global community of content creators covering Characters, Environments, Lighting, Project Management, Technical Art, and Visual Effects. Fueled by imagination and a unified passion to grow the love of sports for players worldwide, we push visual boundaries and create leading edge content. Serving our broad portfolio of sports titles, we craft amazing games for hundreds of millions of sports fans worldwide through inspiring visuals and immersive experiences. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to the table.
The character artist is an important role in top-tier video game creation. In the context of our games, they create the cast of characters that populate the game universe. Our character artists are dynamic and efficient modelers with sculpting and texturing skills – able to create outstanding content with an imagination that is constantly in motion. We create amazing character models based on scan data, photo references or traditional 3d means.
Committed to supporting our games with the creation of amazing Content, the EA Sports Art Characters team enriches players' experience with a cast of characters and variety of character accessories such full body outfits, hair and headgear
- Experienced with 3+ years of industry character creation production
- Expert in high-fidelity 3D modeling / sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking
- Experience creating photo realistic hair for games and cinematics.
- Experience and understanding of card based hair techniques, solutions and optimization.
- Experience creating photo realistic hair grooms using Xgen for Maya. Knowledge of other curve based grooming tools is an asset (Ornatrix, Yeti, Houdini).
- Expert-level in Maya, Z-Brush and Photoshop.
- Well-versed in physical materials and how to replicate them in CG.
- Knowledgeable of PBR texture / material workflows.
- Experience with your ability to author photo-realistic textures (Substance Painter / Designer experience is a plus).
- Experienced in working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity).
- Visualize in three-dimensions and work from limited reference material / concept art
- Experienced in creating game resolution topology with considerations for deformation and rigging.
- Knowledgeable in the creation of cloth and clothing and how you should match the character style.
- Expert in high-fidelity 3D modeling / sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking.
- Efficient in use of UV layout, and ability to edit for highest visual payoff.
- Photo-real character modeling and texturing – hair, clothing, anatomy, and likeness. showing UV layout and all maps.
- Concept to model experience is a plus.
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.