C++ Software Engineer - Systems - FIFA
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
As a Systems Software Engineer, you will help push our primary systems and shared engine into the future. Our systems engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team. We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, collaborating with other engineers, and building systems (often applying other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work smarter and more efficiently to bring substantial improvements to our game.
- You will work with design and other engineers to provide feedback and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
- You provide tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet requirements.
- You have awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- You look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- You contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to promote collaborative development efforts.
- Passion for the development craft and shows interest in systems level work.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as Artists, Designers, and Producers.
- Experience with parallel programming considerations, resource management,
- and hardware architecture.
- Experience in engine development.
- 3 years of Experience with C++.
- Understanding of x86 assembly.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- Experience in embedded systems.
- Experience in job-based architectures.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.