C++ Software Engineer - FIFA
The C++ Software Engineer is an essential part of the game creation process.
Involved in architectural design and implementation of game features and technologies on multiple platforms, you will work with game designers, UI artists, and game engineers to implement robust foundations for game features and modes. You will be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms, working on complex problems in the Game Modes domain.
What you will do as C++ software engineer:
- You will report to the game area's manager and work with your peers on game features.
- You will be a part of the FIFA Live team, ensuring game stability and health as well as implementing new features directly into launched products.
- Work with existing codebase and libraries to achieve project goals, improving those technologies along.
- Design, document, implement, review, test, debug and maintain code.
- Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards.
- Profiling and optimizing software components of a game.
- Measurably improve processes and best practices to achieve targets.
- Work in a distributed environment and manage technical communications across studio locations.
We’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Passionate building games and interest or knowledge in at least one related domain: online, rendering, gameplay, low-level optimizations.
- Knowledge of software design principles, object-oriented programming concepts and common design patterns.
- Good grasp on algorithms and data structures.
- Familiar with multiple debugging techniques.
- Proficient in code revision control workflow and tools.
- Proficient in performance profiling tools.
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
- Passion for making games that look and play great.
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience in a Client/Server environment
- Experience working developing art & content pipelines/workflows
- Experience with C# or WPF
- Experience with source control solutions (Perforce, Git)
What’s in it for you?
Comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation and benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Who WE are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games – how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.