(Closed) C++ Engineer Co-op - FIFA Ultimate Team (8 Months)
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
Write specific or multi-purpose code for areas such as:
- Game Mechanics -- Gameplay, AI, player control, animation systems, physics, and scripting systems.
- Core Engine -- Graphical rendering, networking, user interface, memory and performance optimization on computer hardware.
- Tools and Libraries -- World editors, video and audio tools, software performance analysis systems, database systems, and general purpose game development libraries.
- You are completing a B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field.
- Working knowledge of C++
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Knowledge of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Knowledge of how to use a debugger.
- Experience with another programming language(s) (C#, Java) and platforms (tablets, game console) is a major plus.
- Knowledge of HTTP communication and RESTful services.
- Knowledge of source code management: CVS, Subversion, Git or Perforce.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.