Build Software Engineer - Java, C#, C++
DRE (Development and Release Engineering) is EA’s continuous integration and build expert. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are looking for someone with at least 2 years of relevant job experience to join DRE in Vancouver as a Build Engineer and provide outstanding service to our content production teams partners (EA Create). You will report to a Development Director with guidance from a Technical Director.
- Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements
- Work with teammates to maintain and enhance an automation pipeline
- Create and maintain pipeline and workflow tools
- Monitor automation systems and respond to breakages
- Monitor and analyze metrics to improve automation systems
- Report regular status updates on assigned tasks and identify project risks and issues
We operate in a broad technical environment. Your experience in software development will be well-regarded, and having exposure to a range of DevOps tools is a bonus.
- OO programming languages (e.g. Java, C#, C++)
- Scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, PowerShell)
- Source-control administration (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Continuous integration/deployment through automation servers (e.g. Jenkins, QuickBuild, TeamCity)
- Configuration management (e.g. Chef)
- Data analytics (e.g. ELK, Grafana, Splunk)
- System administration (e.g. Linux, Windows, VMware)
You will be successful in this position by demonstrating:
- A desire to collaborate using Slack, email, and Zoom.
- Ability to self-manage responsibilities in a work-from-home environment using Jira and internal tools
- Active interest in the DevOps movement
- Active contributor to the Open Source community
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.