(Closed) Build Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
DRE are EA’s continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are seeking a passionate individual to join DRE in Edmonton as a Build Engineer and provide exemplary services to the BioWare team.
- Manage automation systems for multiple projects and hundreds of hosts across multiple sites.
- Design and implement new build, test, and deployment features for game and central teams.
- Constantly improve the usability, dependability, and performance of these systems.
- Enhance the scalability and manageability of these systems through virtualization, cloud, and other DevOps technologies.
- Implement telemetry and monitoring and KPI (key performance indicator) reports and dashboards.
We operate in a broad and dynamic technical environment. Candidates with experience in software development will be well-regarded, and exposure to a range of DevOps tools & technologies is a bonus.
- OO programming languages (e.g. Java)
- Scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Source-control administration (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Build pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins, QuickBuild)
- Configuration Management and Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Cloud deployments (e.g. to AWS, Azure, Google)
- Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Orchestration tools (e.g. Puppet, Terraform)
- System administration (e.g. Linux, Windows, VMware)
- Telemetry and monitoring systems (e.g. ELK, Splunk, DataDog)
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate
- Ability to self-manage tasks and responsibilities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience in the gaming industry is a nice bonus
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.