Brand Social Lead
We are Electronic Arts’ Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO). Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere.
We foster an environment where our teams create the most amazing work of their career while inspiring the world to play.
Are you our Brand Social Lead?
The newly formed brand team for Electronic Arts is only six months into building our brand, so all of this is very new. That means we’re still making it up as we go along. If you’re a leader who is also a doer, and if you’re looking for a challenge, then this might be your gig. We will be totally honest, right now we all muck in on everything and it can be a little messy. But that’s because you’ve caught us at the best time - the very beginning - how exciting is that? The opportunity to bring an amazing brand back to life doesn’t come around too often… so that’s why we’re here and hopefully why you’re still
Reading This Job Description…
The brand social lead will report directly to the EA brand comms director, and dotted-line into the head of EA social. You will be passionate about gaming and entertainment, and you’ll also have a fascination with the brands who have totally nailed their voice. You’ll also have a sharp eye for awesome content and enjoy building a social journey around a great idea, activation or moment in time. You will strategize, plan and deliver the always-on social presence for Electronic Arts across all social channels. You will have deep social expertise and great writing skills. You will also have delivered the always-on social for a brand transformation or reset. (You probably find it a bit weird reading this job description talking about YOU in the third person but you’ve decided to let it fly).
- You’ll oversee the development of social strategies, the annual calendar, channel plans and strategic brand pillars for social.
- You will partner with agencies and internal creative teams to deliver the always-on voice of our brand throughout the year, supporting the brand activation beats and responding to world events in real time. This will include:
- Overseeing and managing social media campaigns & promotions with
internal/external partners including third party console manufacturers and
- Using tools and technology to improve social content performance and identify the most appropriate trends & topics of interests for the community of EA players & fans to meet campaign objectives and business
- Developing comprehensive reporting to articulate social media campaigns’ impact
- Owning the EA brand social media budget & optimize spend based on business objectives
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years of communications experience across entertainment, gaming, and, or
- Experience of driving hero brand social / transforming a brand’s voice
- Experience owning a social strategy across paid/ earned/ owned landscape
- Experience in building influencer or social content led branded programs ideal, or
- previous experience developing and/or executing marketing strategies and/or
- marketing activation plans.
- Experience with content creation tools such as image / photo / video design &
- editing a plus but not mandatory - you will manage people who possess such
- skills and review / approve their work
- Experience leveraging behavioral, demographic & psychographic data to create & optimize content.
- Experience managing agencies
- Great collaborator who thrives working with others
- Strong opinions lightly held
- Outcome and output oriented - dare we say ‘relentless’?
- Willing to get hands dirty
- A comrade